COMCAST ACQUIRES RUSSELL CABLE
Company to Deliver Suite of Innovative Products and Services to Residents and Businesses in the Town of Russell
Springfield, MA (November 30, 2021) –The Town of Russell has a new broadband, video and voice services provider as Comcast today announced it has acquired Russell Municipal Cable TV. Comcast plans to transition residents and businesses to its Xfinity and Comcast Business suite of services through the end of the year.
“The acquisition of Russell Municipal Cable TV gives Comcast an opportunity to provide customers in the Town of Russell with access to our Xfinity and Comcast Business innovative products and services, including our broadband internet experience with the fastest broadband speeds available to residents,” said Carolyne Hannan, Senior Vice President of Comcast’s Western New England Region, which includes western Massachusetts. “We have a longstanding commitment to serving the communities in the Commonwealth where our customers and employees live and work and are proud to extend that commitment to our newest community in western Massachusetts.”
“We chose Comcast because it is the best operator in the business with the fastest and most reliable network,” said Randy Merritt, Manager of Russell Cable. “They are true innovators who continuously invest in their network to meet customers’ current and future needs and we are confident this sale will ensure our customers have access to Comcast’s best-in-class network, products, services and customer experience.”
Comcast will offer its complete portfolio of Xfinity services, including:
- Xfinity Internet with gigabit speed: offering the fastest speeds available to Russell residents and includes Xfinity xFi, a digital dashboard that lets customers personalize, manage and control their home Wi-Fi experience;
- The award-winning X1 Platform for video service: includes X1 voice remote making it simple to find content and popular streaming apps, including Peacock, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, iHeartRadio and NPR One;
- Xfinity Home: security and home automation services;
- Xfinity Mobile: a new wireless service designed for the way people use their phones today; and
- Xfinity Voice: home phone service.
In addition, businesses will have access to the Comcast Business suite of products, which include:
- Business Dedicated Internet up to 10 Gbps;
- Business Voice: providing office phone solutions for small, medium and large businesses;
- Business Video services; and
- Business Smart Office: advanced video monitoring solutions.
Comcast will also offer Internet Essentials, the nation’s largest and most comprehensive high-speed Internet adoption program for low-income Americans. It provides qualified individuals low-cost high-speed Internet service for $9.95 a month plus tax; the option to purchase an Internet-ready computer for under $150; and multiple options to access free digital literacy training in print, online and in person.
Comcast has a long history of giving back to the communities in which it serves and where its employees and customers live and work. Since 2011, Comcast provided more than $122.8 million in cash and in-kind support to organizations across Massachusetts, including Springfield Urban League, Holyoke Boys & Girls Club Westfield Boys & Girls Club and Junior Achievement of Western Massachusetts among others.
Comcast is now available in 248 communities across Massachusetts and employs local residents at its Xfinity Stores in Springfield and Holyoke, and in several business and technical operations centers across the state which serve residential customers and businesses.
For more information, customers can visit www.switch2xfinity.com.