BusinessWest & Healthcare News Announce Healthcare Heroes Class of 2023
SPRINGFIELD — BusinessWest and the Healthcare News magazines, the business and healthcare journals covering Western Massachusetts, have announced the Healthcare Heroes class of 2023. This seventh annual distinguished group of honorees are profiled in the Sept. 18 issue of BusinessWest and also at www.businesswest.com and www.healthcarenews.com.
The Healthcare Heroes program was created to shed a bright light on the outstanding work being done across the broad spectrum of health and wellness services, and the institutions and individuals providing that care. The stories behind the eight heroes reveal large quantities of energy, imagination, innovation, compassion, entrepreneurship, forward thinking, and dedication to the community.
This year’s honorees are:
- Lifetime Achievement: Jody O’Brien, Nurse, Urology Group of Western New England
- Community Health: Cindy Senk, Personal Trainer, Owner, Movement for All
- Emerging Leader: Ashley LeBlanc, Practice Manager of Thoracic Surgery, Nursing Director of the Lung Screening Program, Mercy Medical Center
- Emerging Leader: Ellen Ingraham-Shaw, Pediatric Emergency Nurse, Baystate Medical Center
- Healthcare Administration: Dr. Mark Kenton, Chief of Emergency Medicine, Mercy Medical Center
- Health Education: Kristina Hallett, Clinical Psychologist; Associate Professor of Psychology, Bay Path University
- Innovation in Healthcare :Gabriel Mokwuah and Joel Brito, Patient Safety Associates, Holyoke Medical Center
- Healthcare Provider: Julie Lefer Quick, Nurse Manager, VA Central Western Massachusetts Healthcare System
The Healthcare Heroes class of 2023 will be honored at the seventh annual Healthcare Heroes Gala on Thursday, Oct. 26 at the Marriott Springfield Downtown.
The event will begin with a VIP reception at 5 p.m. with networking and opportunities to meet this year’s honorees. The evening will include butlered hors d’oeuvres, a lavish plated dinner, remarks from the honorees, and more networking opportunities.
A limited number of tickets are available online at businesswest.com/healthcareheroes through Oct. 13. Tickets cost $90 per person, and reserved tables of 10 are available. Reserve a spot by calling (413) 781-8600 or emailing email@example.com.
Healthcare Heroes is presented by Baystate Health/Health New England and Elms College, and sponsored by Holyoke Medical Center, Mercy Medical Center/Trinity Health, and the Elaine Marieb Center for Nursing and Engineering Innovation and the Institute for Applied Life Sciences at UMass Amherst.